1. Achievements in medicine, science, mathematics and geography by the Islamic civilization dominated most of the Mediterranean after the decline of the Roman Empire. These achievements were introduced into Western Europe as a result of the Muslim conquests,
Crusades and trade, influencing the European Renaissance.
2. Computer-side Chat Questions
1. Holy Land
3. Pope Urban II
5. Richard the Lionhearted
6. King John
11. Koran (Qur'an)
12. 5 Pillars
13. Cultural Diffusion
4. Quest Questions
CSC Crusades Part 2 (Crusades Part 2)
CMS Language Arts Research Charts
READ article to start for the basic fact.
1. Who are the Muslims?
Use this helpful site on Islam and Muslims.
2. What do the Muslims control that the Christians want?
3. Who called the Crusades?
--What are the reasons we need to have a Crusade?
--What is a Crusader?
--What are you thoughts about this?
--See this link and have Diigo on for highlights and post-it-notes
4. Explain the travel to the Holy Land on the first Crusade--Take a few minutes on Google Earth, or find a topographical map of Europe and travel from France to Jerusalem. Describe the land you would travel over. How did it impact the crusaders? Listen to Chapter 10 Red Blood Horse below these questions. What was travel by sea like during the Third Crusades. Describe how you would feel dealing with this travel.
5. Give five to ten details about the each of the following:
Before you move on, WATCH the edpuzzle in your account called CSC Crusades Part 2 (Crusades Part 2)
**Be sure to talk about King Richard and Saladin.
Use thisinteractive map: Notice, Third Crusade water travel is used.
The following question are based on your own thinking...
6. What did the Crusades say about the power of the Catholic Church in peoples’ lives?
7. What was your role in the crusades? Why did you go? What was in it for you?
8. What are 5-8 lasting effects of the Crusades--(See Reading below these questions--MUST READ--also review this reading from the start). Think about this statement: When two cultures collide neither remains the same. What does it mean?
Reading on the Effects of Crusades:
Needed for question #8
Ch10: Red Blood Horse: Travel to the Holy Land
Needed for question #4 (This is 20 minutes)
5. Mastery Quiz
6. Blog Post & Rubric
-Why are leaving your home to go on crusade.
-What hardships would you have faced along your journey?
-What rewards may you have received for going on Crusade?
-How do you feel towards the Muslims?
-What did you leave and what did you bring back?
-Was it worth it?
-How did it change the world you are living in?