1. The Catholic Church was the only form of Christianity in Western Europe during the Middle Ages. The Pope lead the Catholic Church and crowned kings.
2. Every Western European living under feudal law was required to pay taxes to the church
1. Computer-side Chat
2. Computer-side Chat Questions
4. Quest Questions
1. What was the main religion in Europe during this time?
2. What does the world Sacrament mean? What are the (lower level)?
Focus on Baptism, Marriage, and The Last Rites (also called Anointing Of The Sick)--The process of a life! We will address in class, you can add to your ideas and what this all means for the people of the middle ages.
3. Name seven features you would see in Gothic Architecture?
Use these links to answer the questions about Cathedrals.
Gothic Architecture (two pages) Gothic Cathedrals (thinglink viusal showing 7)
Extension: Read about the differences between Romanesque vs. Gothic Architecture.
4. For 5 of the 7, features you named in Question 3, add a slide with an image of that feature. Explain what the purpose is of the feature--We will address is class--you can add to your answer.
5. What is a Pilgrimage? Who would take a pilgrimage during the middle ages? Why would they take it?
6. What was the book Canterbury Tales about and who wrote it?
7. Explain what relics are and why they are important during the middle ages? Save at least two or more images.
8. Think about this whole quest: What was the role of the Church in people’s lives during the Middle Ages?