The manorial system was related to feudalism. It was an economic relationship between the peasants and lord. The peasants worked on land owned by the lord in return for fixed dues in kind, money and services. The manorial system prevailed in many European countries.
1. Computer-side Chat
2. Computer-side Chat Questions
8. Medieval Festival (tournament)
10. Tilled Field
11. Fallow Field
12. Tithe Barn
4. Quest Questions
SOME HELPFUL LINKS:
Life in a Castle
Building a Castle YOUTUBE
Life in Village or Manor
Middle Ages Food
Knights also see music video
1. As a class, we will address Independence of manor life,using this image. Add this image to your slide show and complete the following:
a. What buildings are in this image? List
b. What do these words mean:
c. How is this system independent?
2. What was the manor? Find an image to put on your slide show and explain the parts of the manor? Describe what life in general was like in the manor after reading one of the two sources:
a. Peasants reads: Life on a Medieval Manor.
b. Nobles of all levels: Reading One
Reading two (higher level)
3. What were the different classes living in and around the manors and their roles in society?
4. Explain how the manor was both interdependent and specialized at the same time? Provide examples on the manor.
5. READING and Images: on this link give you an idea of what city life was like. Describe how city life is different from manor life? List as many ideas as you can spot!
6. Using one of the two ( 1st reading or Second reading) to answer the following about Guilds!
a What is a guild?
b. Name several guilds?
c. Why are they a good thing in middle ages society?
7. There were many jobs/crafts for craftsman/artisans in the towns. Pick four from the list below and explain what they did.
Jobs of Middle Ages LINK ONE
8. Explain in your own words how city life was different from Manor Life?
SOCIAL LIFE-DOING AS A WHOLE CLASS-
Directions given by teacher.
9. Based on the class chart: tell use the five most interesting things about your social class.
10 . Based on the class chart: Tell us the five most interesting things you learned about the other social class.