1. Feudalism was a political system in which society was split into very distinct social classes. People could not change social classes and each social classes had unique characteristics.
2. People experience the same events with a different point of view and different opinions depending upon their social class.
1. Computer-side Chat
2. Computer-side Chat Questions
Complete while listening to the chat!
3. Noble (In England called a Baron)
9. Coat of Arms
11. Divine Right
13. Impedes or Promotes
4. Quest Questions
a. Pick the name of your person.
b. What country will you live in?
c.. Add the correct title (sir, lady, etc.) If you have one. Google Noble titles of _______ (France, Spain, ect)
2. Think about the geography of where you want to live (impede and or promotes)? What are the positives and negatives of where you live? What will you have to think about when choosing a castle?
THIS WORKS BEST IF YOU PICK A COUNTRY FIRST.
3. Find a castle for sale in Europe that you will live in. Why is this a good one to live near or in? Explain how Geography impacts your life.
Use one of the links below:
For castles in Italy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_castles_in_Italy
For castles in France: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_castles_in_France
For castles in Spain: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_castles_in_Spain
For castles in Germany: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_castles_in_Germany
For castles in England: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_castles_in_England
Get a picture of your castle for your journal or blog. Remember, Kings castles are the largest and down the hierarchy we go. A knight's castle is much smaller and less grand. All Peasants would live by a castle, but not in the castle.
4. What country is it in? What is the Castles Name?
Once you have the name: Go to Google earth or Google Maps and see what you can find out about it? What images can you take? What can you learn?
5. Would you have a coat of arms?
a. Tell me three things you learned about a coat of arms from the readings below.
See this visual: http://visual.ly/beginners-guide-understanding-coat-arms
B. Using Symbolism in your Coat of Arms:
What does the color red mean? An Ax? A Olive Branch? Etc.. What are two other symbols you thing are worth knowing?
6. To make your own COAT OF ARMS: You need to make a coat of arms and save an image of it for class tomorrow. ***Remember to write down what things mean: Color, Animals, Shape, ect... You will need to know this tomorrow!