1. Feudalism was a political system in which society was split into very distinct social classes. People could not change social classes and each social classes had unique characteristics.
2. People experience the same events with a different point of view and different opinions depending upon their social class.
1. Computer-side Chat
2. Computer-side Chat Questions
3. Noble (In England called a Baron)
9. Coat of Arms
11. Divine Right
13. Impedes or Promotes
4. Quest Questions
1. Pick the name of your person. Add the correct title (sir, lady, etc.)
Use this site to help you:
2. Think about the geography of where you want to live (impede and or promotes)? What are the positives and negatives of where you live? What will you have to think about when choosing a castle?
3. Find a castle for sale in Europe that you will live in. Why is this a good one to live near or in? Explain how Geography impacts your life.
Use one of the links below:
For castles in Italy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_castles_in_Italy
For castles in France: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_castles_in_France
For castles in Spain: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_castles_in_Spain
For castles in Germany: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_castles_in_Germany
For castles in England: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_castles_in_England
Get a picture of your castle for your journal or blog. Remember, Kings castles are the largest and down the hierarchy we go. A knight's castle is much smaller and less grand.
4. What country is it in?
5. Would you have a coat of arms? If so, make one for your project.
a. Tell me three things you learned about a coat of arms. Who would have one?
See this visual: http://visual.ly/beginners-guide-understanding-coat-arms
b. Using Symbolism in your Coat of Arms: What does the color red mean? An Ax? A Olive Branch? Etc.. What are two other symbols you thing are worth knowing?
C. To make your own COAT OF ARMS: You need to make a coat of arms and save an image of it for class tomorrow. You can use the links below or the google search for free coat of arms creators.
Or this one, you will need to use your email: http://www.makeyourcoatofarms.com/
5. Blog Post & Rubric
For this blog, YOU MUST start with the paragraph below the directions. Your goal is to create your Middle Ages character.
After finding the diary of Tiberius, your great, great Grandfather, you decide to continue filling in the empty pages of his diary with the story of your life. You need to start the story of you. You must create a back-story for your feudal character. Make sure to include in your story the following ideas:
1. Your name and title.
2. How did you and your family get from Rome to here you are now?
3. Where did you end up? Country at very least.
4. Describe the Geography of the area around your manor or castle. Why is it a good place to be? Have a Photo Gallery of your manor (3 images). Maybe a google maps view?
5. What is your social class? How do you feel about your life? General feeling about the world.
6. THINGLINK ( Thinglink.com ) of your Coat of ARMS. With one dot to explain each part of your coat of arms. SIGN IN WITH G+
7. Who are the people we should meet in your life? THIS IS YOUR BACKSTORY. ***As always, new title (you create), Three images (captions or two images and google map), Your interactive (coat of arms thinglink),
COPY/PASTE THIS PARAGRAPH AT THE BEGINNING OF YOUR BLOG:
...MARCH 15, 900
Last week my father passed from this world to heaven. While his death still haunts my dreams, I decided to go through his most precious belongings. I cannot bear to live with so many reminders of his life. As I was sorting through his storage chest, I came across an old book. The pages were yellowed with age and written in a language of which I knew not. I took the book to the local priest. He knew the words on the pages as ancient Latin, a language reserved for The Holy Bible. The priest translated the words and to my surprise it belonged to an ancestor of mine whom departed this life nearly 300 years ago. I decided to keep the diary and record the events of my life. This is my first entry....
My name is...