1. Salt comes from the north, gold from the south, and silver from the country of the white men, but the word of God and the treasures of wisdom are only to be found in Timbuktu. An old West African proverb
2. The Hajj of Mansa Musa changed the course of European history and the future of all of Africa.
1. Computer-side Chat
2.Computer-side Chat Questions
7. 5 Pillars of Islam
11. Niger River
13. Silent Barter
4. Quest Questions
An old West African proverb
Read this page to the title: Stop at Triangular Trade.
Each Question does not need to be its own slide. You can add as you see fit.
1. What are the main products being traded in West Africa?
2. What was spreading over West Africa during the Golden age? Two things!
3. What geographic features are found in West Africa and how would they impact society?
4. What are the three major empires of West Africa?
5. Where did Mansa Musa travel to and why?
6. What is the major cultural and educational city of Mali?
7. What causes the golden age of West Africa to End? Where did the Guns come from?
8. How did religion change over time in West Africa?
9. Find a picture of the Great Mosque of Djenne. Explain why it is built the way it is?
10. Why is salt so important to Europeans?
11. Watch this edpuzzle and on a slide tell me three things you learned about Mansa Musa.