1. Art in the Middle Ages was much different than art during the rule of ancient Greece and Rome.
2. Art in the Middle Ages revolved around Christianity.
3.The Catholic Church was the only form of Christianity in Western Europe during the Middle Ages. The Pope lead the Catholic Church and crowned kings.
4. Every Western European living under feudal law was required to pay taxes to the church
1. Computer-side Chat
2. Computer-side Chat Questions
11. Illuminated Manuscript
15. Stained Glass
4. Quest Questions
Life in a Monastery
This art book will help on all questions.
1. What is the main religion of Europe?
What does the world Sacrament mean?
What arethese three sacraments about ---Baptism, Marriage, and The Last Rites (also called Anointing Of The Sick).
2. Name seven features you would see in Gothic Architecture as seen in a Cathedral?
Gothic Architecture (two pages more detailed reading )
Extension: Read about the differences between Romanesque vs. Gothic Architecture.
3. For 5 of the 7 features you named in Question 2, add a slide with an image of that feature. Explain what the purpose is of the feature--We will address is class--you can add to your answer then as well.
4. Now using this thinglink, tell me five more things you should see in Medieval art or five thing you learned?
5. Find three images of Middle Ages Art (500-1300) Cleveland Art Exhibit of Middle age art
6. What are religious Relics and why are they important?
7. Find three relics and save images of them. For each Relic, tell me details about what it is.
8. Find two illuminated manuscripts from the Middle ages (500-1300). See Cleveland Art
Read these two sites:
9. Watch the video "Illuminated Manuscripts (Making Manuscripts" in Edpuzzle and save a screen shot. Also list five facts you learned.
10. Who would have made Illuminated Manuscripts?
11. Who would have seen Illuminated Manuscripts during the Middle Ages?
12. What kind of life do you think it would have been making these manuscripts? READ THIS BEFORE YOU ANSWER
Not Required, but a good 30 min film on Illuminated Manuscripts.
Music of the Middle Ages Guess the
NoInstruments and Samples of Music
12 Describe the music of the middle ages?
13. What instruments are used?
14. Who heard this music?
15. Watch this video and or read this article.
A. Who is Geoffrey Chaucer?
b. What are the Canterbury Tales?
c. What is a pilgrimage?
16. What is a Pilgrimage? Who would take a pilgrimage during the middle ages? Why would they take it?