1. Describe how the Magna Carta changed the social structure of the Middle Ages.
2. Explain two ways the Magna Carta impacted the development of the American Constitution and the Bill of Rights.
1. Computer-side Chat
2. Computer-side Chat Questions
2. King John
3. King Richard the Lionhearted
4. Rex (Latin)
5. Lex (Latin)
6. Habeas Corpus.
4. Quest Questions
CMS Language Arts Research Chart
1. Use the following link and have diigo turned on. Third Crusade
--Explain who King Richard the Lion Heart was?
--What happened to King Richard on his way back to England from the Crusades?
-How did he die? Who takes his place?
2. Watch this the Edpuzzle called Magna Carta Overview (What is Magna Carta?)
King John: What did the Kings of England keep asking Nobles for ?
Why were the English Nobles so upset with the Monarchy?
What did they do?
**After you have finished with number 2, take five to ten minutes and view these links. Have diigo on and you can see my notes. Then work on 4-6 and refer to the links as needed.
Short summary of the History of Magna Carta
British Museum on the Magna Carta
Magna Carta Interactive--High quailty image of MAGNA CARTA
Summaryof important ideas in Magna Carta
3. Explain the main points of the Magna Carta? They are noted in blue at this link under the idea of summary: What do they mean?
4. How did the Magna Carta Change England?
--What did it create?
--What rights did it grant nobles?
--How did it Limit the King?
--How did this help end the middle ages in England?
5. In your own words describe the words, Habeas Corpus.
6. To complete this question, you must watch this CSC Magna Carta Quest 9. (MC Part 2) then answer:
How can the Magna Carta been seen in our world today? How is it an Enduring Impact?