1. Islam is a monotheistic religion that began in Mecca during Mohammad's life time. Islam grew very fast in the middle east, Africa and parts of Europe. This caused wars between Christians and Islam that last for centuries
2. During the Middle Ages, Islam studied Greek and Roman achievements and use these ideas to build on that knowledge and reach great achievements.
1. Computer-side Chat
2.Computer-side Chat Questions
7. 5 Pillars of Islam
13. Iberian Peninsula
4. Quest Questions
2. Using this link, Name the five pillars of Islam and then explain the Alms and Hajj? For each provide a few details of about them.
3. Using the map above or this link answer the following questions on one slide:
a. During Mohammed life where did Islam spread after leaving Mecca and Medina?
b. By 900, why would European Christians be worried about Islam? What is going on?
4. Use this reading or this 9 minute video, Tell me what happened at the battle of Tours in 732 . Who is fighting, Who Won? Why is it important to Europe? What do you think it created between the two groups?
5. Use this MAP: What area (think what is important to both religions) of the Map is controlled by Islam, that would make Jews and Christians upset? What do you think will happened because of this?
6. Answer all question on one slide from the following link:
a. What is the Reconquista?
b. Who are the Moors?
c.. What did the Moors do in Spain (Iberian Peninsula)?
d. How long did the Reconquista last? (see timeline)
e. Add this map to your slide. That shows dates of the Reconquista.
Whole Class Work: Working in Pairs, you will fill in one section of the google doc. Directions to be given in class.
8. Add a slide, complete your section of the google doc, then come back and on this slide add a screenshot and link it to the google doc you built. ADD THREE images that show advancements of the Muslim world.
9. Add a slide, read the summary section of the reading and write your pairs summary on this slide.
Click the link below and provide at least three words that you would use to explain the achievement of the Islamic Culture.