1. Quest one addresses: Geographic factors promote or impede the movement of people, products and ideas.
2. Quest two addresses: Greek Democracy (and the Roman Republic were ) was a radical departures from monarchy and theocracy, influencing the modern (USA and Others) structure of democratic governments.
3. Quest three address: The civilizations that developed in Greece (and Rome) had an enduring impact on later civilizations. This legacy includes governance and law, engineering and technology, art and architecture, as well as literature and history.
There are three quests to this WebQuest. Each quest has the same format. YOU MUST start at the top of each Quest and complete each part in order as you can move at your own pace. TIMELINES, will be assigned and you will need to make sure required parts of the webquest are due by each day--you can work ahead of these timelines. Each part of the quest is labeled in YELLOW. Please follow the directions below carefully!!!
1. The Blog portion of each quest will be typed on your social studies blog. Vocabulary will be on the quizstar quiz (you should use several vocabulary words in your blog post.)
2. All of your answers to the Questions must be kept on a Google Doc (MAKE A COPY) document.
3. You must click the appropriate buttons to complete the Computer-Side Chat
(CSC) questions after listening to each Computer-Side Chat
4. You must complete the quest Quiz by clicking the Quiz button
BEFORE THE DUE DATE (due date will be assigned by your teacher)
5. You will be given class time to read and comment on your Blog Buddies blog
Each Quest has five parts:
2. Computer Side Chat and google form
3. Questions (saved as a google doc)
4. Quiz (quizstar--only take once)
5. Blog: on your weebly account.
Scoring and Blog Entries (rubric):
1. Points will be given for each Quest task as follows:
A. 5-12 points for listening to the Computer-Side Chat and answer questions GRADE WILL BE EMAILED WITH CORRECT/INCORRECT ANSWERS.
B. 20-30 points for each quiz--QUIZSTAR WILL AUTO GRADE AS SOON AS YOU TAKE THIS.
C. Spot checks of your blog--10 points. At the end of the unit you will pick one blog to be graded (from the three) on the rubric for 25 points.
2. Blog entries will be scored based on the following rubric:
A. 1 points for: Using "Paragraph with an image".
B. 4 points for: Leaving Positive Digital Footprints Worth Following
*Title, complete sentences, good use of grammar, etc.
C. 8 points for using vocabulary terms correctly in your blog
D. 7 points for: Answering the Blog Questions completely
E. 3 points for: Adding 3 additional images with captions
F. 1 points for: adding additional multimedia (videos, Vokis, animation, etc)
G. 1 point for categories for each post: Greece Geography, Greece Government or enduring impacts