As you can tell Mr. Pennington is not here today, but I have outlined everything you need to do today in this blog. I even created a virtual me to explain things to you… If you have headphones go ahead and click on my avatar to hear me summarize the directions.
1. First please log into your Bubbl.us account and open your “digital
Username= cms(student number)
Password= school password
2. Create a new bubble off of the first bubble called “The internet is an
***Below this blog is a digital image of what your bubble should resemble
3. Open a new tab and go to http://www.archive.org/web/web.php
4. Answer this question off of your “the internet is an elephant” bubble
I. Question= What does this website do?
5. Copy and paste the following link into the Way Back Machine and click
“Take me back” link= http://www.chardon.k12.oh.us/
6. Pick a month, day, year and see what our school homepage looked like
7. In a new bubble linked to “the internet is an elephant”, give me the
A. date that you are looking at
B. How is the page different from today’s page?
C. anything surprise you, stand out
D. Knowing that everything that is on the internet is permanently
recorded and stored; does it change how you feel about what you
E. Explain why you answered letter “D” the way you did
8. Make sure that you have 3-5 facts, thoughts, ideas, in the bubbles for
“Did You Know 4.0” and “Facebook” that related to how you feel about
the film yesterday and the article concerning Facebook.
9. Share your Bubble sheet with Mr. Pennington so that I can look at it and
10. Visit the following site:
11. Learn about what Veteran’s Day celebrates and it's history, watch the videos, and/or explore other links through www.History.com
12. Go to http://www.history.com/thank-a-vet
*Fill in the Twitter box on the right of the screen (unless it is blocked!)
13. Share a nice “thank you” ..remember only first names and cms
14. You may play games if you finish everything and get the substitutes permission.