Click here for live form.
Please complete the end of the year feedback form. It should take no more then 7-10 minutes.
Click here for live form.
I think this is awesome enough to post. They couldn't get the music to sync, so I quickly added it into a special version. Great job Haley and Flo, and in only a few short days!!
Lyrics and the video are available on Flo's site (must know CMS password): click here
Your Mission is to leave a positive digital legacy of your seventh grade experience. To do that you should
1. Mention and reflect on all classes.
2. Mention memorable work from the year.
3. Reflect on extra curricula activities (in and out of school)
4. Describe what you learned about life and how this may impact your future.
Movie should be save as a quick time and be under five minutes in length. Mr. Holman needs to have final copy by 12:15 on Friday
1. Students need to make a “movie release poster” to be on display in the commons by Friday at 12:15. This poster should be a detailed advertisement of your work.
Organize your Project.
Brainstorm ideas first
Story-board form to organize your thoughts
Points: Earned in Mrs. Goodman, Mr. Holman and Mrs. Tobin
10 Points all members working together
10 Points for Posterboard
30 Points for Film turned in by 12:15 Friday.
Only 11 days left in the school year. It has been a great year filled with some incredible moments. Now, with the finish line in sight I have a special mission for you...
We have spoken all year about leaving a legacy in the 7th grade. It is time that you create that legacy. Many of you have accomplished some great things this school year and we have all reflected and grown through our experiences. Now you must use what you have learned concerning studying history and your computer skills to create one final project. Mr. Pennington will discuss the project choices and you can view the PowerPoint below to refresh your memory.
You must then complete the questionnaire by clicking here by Tuesday May 22, 2012.
Your project will be the final addition to your website. All projects must be posted by FRIDAY, JUNE 1. Mr. Pennington will be locking your websites starting June 2. That means you cannot continue to add work!!!
Some Helpful links:
Here are some tips to successfully evaluate the content of a website:
The year is coming to an end. We have addressed many topics this year and learned a great deal. The final project, is very open. You must have a final product by MAY 29. Extentions will be far and few between as we are running out of time.
You may choose the following:
1. Connect the dots (summary of four event/topics from the year that share a common theme). See Plan sheet below. THIS may take the form of imovie, music video, animated, or some other form.
2. "Leaving a Legacy" Add a new page to the online book. This needs to be a new total page. I will provide the new state standards for next year to help you get a feel for new content that will be needed next year (see file below: online)
3. "Creating a Legacy" Prezi, Cartoons, concept images, timelines, comic life (See file other options)
4. WikiBook project: I will add a guideline sheet for this.
5. Other topics, as approved by Mr. Holman
Some examples of the connect the dots on Teacher Tube
FILL IN FORM BEFORE YOU GET STARTED
Items we have worked on. What was 7th grade like for your parentsComputer Skills--Digital Footprints.What is HistoryGeography and Its impact On History?
Human Migration and The Ice Age
Rise of the Agricultural SocietySocial Consequences of Agricultural SocietyEnduring Impacts of the Ancient World-India, Egypt, Greece, Rome, ChinaType of GovernmentCauses of Middle AgesLife During Middle AgesResults of the Middle AgesCrusades, Magna Carta,
100 Years War, Black Death, Spanish InquisitionRenaissanceReformationGold Age West AfricaScientific RevolutionExploration
Please be aware that the grading period and the year are quickly coming to an end. Many, many students still owe me work from their WebQuest. If there is no grade in TeacherEase, then you have not completed your work. I will accept work all the way until June 4 at the end of the school day. DO NOT PUT OFF COMPLETING YOUR WORK. Mr. Pennington is not going to stand behind you and monitor what you are accomplishing, but I can tell you that several of you are in real danger of failing this class!
What you need to research for your explorer:
1. Find 1 explorer from the country Mr. Pennington gave you
A. Where they went?
B. Why they went there?
C. What they found/did/accomplished/brought back?
D. Did they go back or have multiple voyages?
E. Why are they famous?
2. The most common natural resources of the place/country your explorer traveled?
3. What did your country gain from your explorer’s travels?
3. An image of your country’s flag
4. An image of your explorer
5. Your Works Cited/bibliography
Mr. H and Mr. P are 7th grade world history teachers in Northeast Ohio. Join the fun and leave some comments.