Click here for live form.
End of year survey
Please complete the end of the year feedback form. It should take no more then 7-10 minutes.
Click here for live form.
CMS: New official song for class
I think this is awesome enough to post. They couldn't get the music to sync, so I quickly added it into a special version. Great job Haley and Flo, and in only a few short days!!
Lyrics and the video are available on Flo's site (must know CMS password): click here
Final Project 7th Grade Experience
Your Mission is to leave a positive digital legacy of your seventh grade experience. To do that you should
1. Mention and reflect on all classes.
2. Mention memorable work from the year.
3. Reflect on extra curricula activities (in and out of school)
4. Describe what you learned about life and how this may impact your future.
Movie should be save as a quick time and be under five minutes in length. Mr. Holman needs to have final copy by 12:15 on Friday
1. Students need to make a “movie release poster” to be on display in the commons by Friday at 12:15. This poster should be a detailed advertisement of your work.
Organize your Project.
Brainstorm ideas first
Story-board form to organize your thoughts
Points: Earned in Mrs. Goodman, Mr. Holman and Mrs. Tobin
10 Points all members working together
10 Points for Posterboard
30 Points for Film turned in by 12:15 Friday.
CMS: End o' the Year Projects
Only 11 days left in the school year. It has been a great year filled with some incredible moments. Now, with the finish line in sight I have a special mission for you...
We have spoken all year about leaving a legacy in the 7th grade. It is time that you create that legacy. Many of you have accomplished some great things this school year and we have all reflected and grown through our experiences. Now you must use what you have learned concerning studying history and your computer skills to create one final project. Mr. Pennington will discuss the project choices and you can view the PowerPoint below to refresh your memory.
You must then complete the questionnaire by clicking here by Tuesday May 22, 2012.
Your project will be the final addition to your website. All projects must be posted by FRIDAY, JUNE 1. Mr. Pennington will be locking your websites starting June 2. That means you cannot continue to add work!!!
Some Helpful links:
Here are some tips to successfully evaluate the content of a website:
Final Project for Mr. Holman
The year is coming to an end. We have addressed many topics this year and learned a great deal. The final project, is very open. You must have a final product by MAY 29. Extentions will be far and few between as we are running out of time.
You may choose the following:
1. Connect the dots (summary of four event/topics from the year that share a common theme). See Plan sheet below. THIS may take the form of imovie, music video, animated, or some other form.
2. "Leaving a Legacy" Add a new page to the online book. This needs to be a new total page. I will provide the new state standards for next year to help you get a feel for new content that will be needed next year (see file below: online)
3. "Creating a Legacy" Prezi, Cartoons, concept images, timelines, comic life (See file other options)
4. WikiBook project: I will add a guideline sheet for this.
5. Other topics, as approved by Mr. Holman
Some examples of the connect the dots on Teacher Tube
FILL IN FORM BEFORE YOU GET STARTED
Items we have worked on. What was 7th grade like for your parentsComputer Skills--Digital Footprints.What is HistoryGeography and Its impact On History?
Human Migration and The Ice Age
Rise of the Agricultural SocietySocial Consequences of Agricultural SocietyEnduring Impacts of the Ancient World-India, Egypt, Greece, Rome, ChinaType of GovernmentCauses of Middle AgesLife During Middle AgesResults of the Middle AgesCrusades, Magna Carta,
100 Years War, Black Death, Spanish InquisitionRenaissanceReformationGold Age West AfricaScientific RevolutionExploration
Please be aware that the grading period and the year are quickly coming to an end. Many, many students still owe me work from their WebQuest. If there is no grade in TeacherEase, then you have not completed your work. I will accept work all the way until June 4 at the end of the school day. DO NOT PUT OFF COMPLETING YOUR WORK. Mr. Pennington is not going to stand behind you and monitor what you are accomplishing, but I can tell you that several of you are in real danger of failing this class!
What you need to research for your explorer:
1. Find 1 explorer from the country Mr. Pennington gave you
A. Where they went?
B. Why they went there?
C. What they found/did/accomplished/brought back?
D. Did they go back or have multiple voyages?
E. Why are they famous?
2. The most common natural resources of the place/country your explorer traveled?
3. What did your country gain from your explorer’s travels?
3. An image of your country’s flag
4. An image of your explorer
5. Your Works Cited/bibliography
Click to view the online article
Mr. P and I got an email today from Sara Long, Digital content Manager-Online Magazine about a post about this website.
Great News and.....
I got this email today as well, from a class creating an online book, just like ours.
Hope all is well. Just checking in, and wanted to let you know that the Wikispace project has been going great! The students really seem to enjoy working on it. We are nearing the end of their time to create for this year, as they are 8th graders who will be moving on to high school next year. Would you mind taking a look at their progress and offering any suggestions for improvement? I would also like to know if you (and maybe some of your students) would like to Skype on Tuesday, around 2pm? My one class has been asking about when they will have the chance to Skype with you guys.
Click here to see their book
WE ARE LEAVING A DIGITAL FOOTPRINT FOR OTHERS TO FOLLOW.
Click to go live
Great new search engine for school use...You will love it. Create an account and keep your notes online.... http://www.instagrok.com/
Instagrok.com is very cool. We will be using it next week. I showed it to Mrs. Tobin today, and I think she is using it in her class the rest of the day. It rocks.... HowHere are some keys:
1. It has a built in journal and history of what you read and links to where you visited. The journal allows you to take notes and save them for use on any computer anywhere.
2. It is visual: it builds a web on the topic you searched.
3. It has web resources for each topic to the right of the web: Key facts, Links, Images, video, quizes, and concepts.
4. Click any bubble in the web and all the resources change...every time you pick a new bubble.
5. It is fun!!!
Here is a google doc to a PDF brochure on Instagrok.com
CMS: Moving On
Today and Tomorrow are the last two days of class that I will dedicate to completing the Middle Ages WebQuest. Students have known for two weeks that tomorrow is the deadline to complete their work.
Students must complete the rest of the WebQuest on their own. Since everything is online, this should not be a problem.
All work is DUE BY JUNE 5, 2012. WebQuest work is not considered late, but I will enter a "0" for all missing work. That grade will be changed as students complete assignments.
Final Projects are coming in. I would like to post all project to the website for everyone to see, but numbers make that impossible. I will post a few of the very best--like the BEAT IT Video below. However, until then you can comment on this blog and post a link to your blog. That way students in Mr. P's class and all students at Beachwood can see your final work. Look back for projects soon....
Remember, I will need permission slips from Parents saying I can post your work on the broader web.
The Mongols came and the Black Plague spread
The buboes developed and millions were dead.
Coughing up blood and swelling at the neck
The end of Feudalism, this is the Black Death.
Even on the church you could not rely
There may be a chance, but get ready to die.
You can't stop to help your family or friend
Because this is the plague, and this is the end.
Final ideas on Middle Ages.....
The following is the Tagxedo for over 600 words added to a google doc. Larger words were repeated many times. Below you can see the middle ages. Take a screen shot and add to your April 16, 2012 Daily Assignment.
Mr. H and Mr. P are 7th grade world history teachers in Northeast Ohio. Join the fun and leave some comments.