1. Feudalism developed as a political system based on small local units controlled by lords bound by an oath of loyalty to a monarch.
2. Feudalism was the system by which medieval Europeans organized their power and governments. Vassals received land and protection from a lord when they worked and fought for him. It might be understood as a pyramid with the monarch presiding over a hierarchy of less important vassals
1. Computer-side Chat
2. Computer-side Chat Questions
3. Feudal System or Feudalism
4. Manor System
5. 1/10 Rule
7. William the Conqueror.
Flash cards may have more terms.
4. Quest Questions
1. Explain how Feudalism functions?
Great video explaining Feudalism: click here
Detailed Description: click here
2. What is your role in the feudal hierarchy?
3. What role does religion play in feudalism?
4. What were some of the various laws that people lived by? click here
How did the court system work?
Be sure to learn about Ordeals. How did they work?
Check out this link https://diigo.com/07bl6z
Or this Zaption
5. What are your Rights? click here, or here, or here
Be sure to discuss: Hunting, Convey, Spurs, and right of jurisdiction.
6. What did the government provide for the people? Go into great detail.
7. Why do you agree to live in the feudal system?
8. Explain 3 ways that feudalism spread across Western Europe.
5. Blog Post
1. How do you help other social classes?
2. How do other social classes help you?
3. Who is in charge of your manor?
-Live with a knight or noble?
-Local clergy on your manor?
4. What type of relationship do you have with the other social classes.
...be as detailed as possible and really think about what life would be like in a society where people where so distinctly split into social/economic classes.
5. What about the laws and rights? How do you feel about them?
See Plan sheet for more ideas and structure.