1. The breakup of the Roman Empire, hastened by Germanic invasions and the decline of Roman institutions such as a central government, led to the development of feudal and manorial systems.
1. Computer-side Chat
2. Computer-side Chat Questions
4. Quest Questions
2. Explain why Rome “fell” and what were the consequences of this?
3. Explain life after Rome? Including the impact of Invasion and the spread of Christianity ?
5. Blog Post & Rubric
YOU MUST Use the paragraph below to start your diary entry. Remembering the following things when writing your blog:
1. Write this in first-person (I, me, us)
2. The reason for this blog post is the hope that it will be found by someone
COPY/PASTE THE FOLLOWING PARAGRAPH TO START YOUR BLOG:
...December 4, 476
To whomever may find this journal, please know that my words are true and the events described hereafter are creating chaos throughout the Empire. I am Tiberius. Son of Marcus Augustus, husband to Aelia and a scribe to the mighty Roman Empire. I live in the city of Rome and I want to create a record of the events that none of us thought would happen, in our life time or our children's. The Empire is collapsing! We have abandoned all hope and the city is being emptied of all its precious items. They are being moved to the city of Constantinople in the eastern part of the Empire. Now I will describe the reasons for the peril that now plagues the good citizens of the Roman Empire...